Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What I Wore Today

Imagine a day cool enough
to be fall, warm enough
to still have wisps of summer
entangled in your body

I wore smooth silky pants
Black and flowing appearance
but soft and gentle to protect
the goose bump-layered skin

I aimed to be content
sneakers tied neatly
over pink-toed socks
make of thick cotton

Known as a waffle shirt
a stripped pallet of grey
and lilac wrapped me in
a gentle knitted warmth

Last, to cap my outfit off
a baseball hat protected
the soothing heat from
vanishing into thin air

So as that day in fall
cool enough for fall
clothes reminded me
of the heat of summer

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see you push this prompt further, beyond the obvious of wearing clothes. What do you wear everyday otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alicia! you could easily turn this into wearing your emotions on your face... etc

    ReplyDelete